Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tiger Woods Returns to Torry Pines

I'm not into caddies & would rather play my own game without having someone hover over me watching, secretly mocking each stroke but I would have gladly made an exception & trade places with 59 year old John Abel. Abel was the winner of the "Tee Off With Tiger" contest hosted by Buick during this past U.S. Open & he got the services of Caddie Tiger for the back 9 nine of the South Course! How sweet (and nerve shattering) would that be to have Tiger caddy for you?? I just can't help imagining if I'd won this contest (I did enter) & then show up fully decked out in Tattoo Golf gear, how fun would that be!? Now that would be a priceless photo.

Tiger drove the cart, handed Abel clubs & helped read putts while wearing a caddies bib with John Abel's name on it. If that alone wouldn't be nerve-racking enough, the entire round was captured on video & reporters & other media were allowed to watch the 10th & 18th hole action.

Tiger reminisced with Abel about his victory only 4 months ago and he said to reporters that he felt fine & was able to hit chip shots & hopes to start hitting longer clubs at the beginning of the year. Obviously he'd like to come back to defend at the Buick in early February but he said he's not sure if that's a realistic goal or not. He's won it 4 years in a row so I'm guessing he'll do whatever it takes to get ready.

No comments: