Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tournament Life

The slacker blogger is back & going to try to keep current this time around! Last months tournament at my club was a disaster for me - I felt like the Dodgers must feel right now - so close & yet so far! It was the Club Championship & the event was broken into 4 flights. The A flight were playing scratch & the winner here would become the overall club champion. Unfortunately my game is nowhere near this level so I was in flight D! All flight winners received sweet trophies which I desperately wanted. I won my first 3 matches so on the last Sunday of the 2 weekend tournament I faced off against an old timer with a 36 handicap! All flights except A play net golf so I'm giving him 9 strokes. I played beautifully for the 1st 3 rounds & far below my handicap but in the final round I played like a jackass. Spraying balls all over the place while the old timer just keep punching it up the middle of the fairway. I was 5 down at one point but got it down to 2 w/ 2 to play. 17th hole & I'm on the green so just need a 2 putt to win the hole. While I'm normally a great putter, this one I blew by 15 feet (to my defense, it was a 50 footer). Missed the comebacker & lost it right then & there. I thought the Tattoo Golf attire would intimidate the old man but I guess not!! Oh well, it's probably the old timer's last major tourney & I've got another 40 years in me - I hope!

This Saturday is the Junior/Senior 1 day tourney so will report back next week. Got to

No comments: